Thank you for your interest in SPARQ! As a research assistant with SPARQ, you will gain valuable research experience while exploring how to use psychological science for social change.
Research Assistant Activities
Research assistants provide very needed and valued assistance to the research process. As a research assistant, you will gain experience:
1. Researching background information for a new or ongoing study.
2. Designing and manipulating experimental stimuli for use in studies.
3. Constructing and modifying various surveys and studies through the use of specialized computer programs.
4. Running specific studies and debriefing participants.
5. Gathering, coding, or entering in data, and much more.
Research Assistant Requirements
Research assistants are required to work for a minimum of two consecutive quarters, and many RAs stay on throughout their time at Stanford (and may even pursue an Honors Thesis). RAs work 6 or 9 hours a week, which corresponds to 2 or 3 units of research credit. Stanford students who are eligible for federal work-study could also be eligible to participate in the lab for payment. Please email Stanford_SPARQ@stanford.edu for details.
Below is a list of our current projects for which we're recruiting research assistants. Feel free to learn more about each project on our website.
Economic Development Qualitative Coding
Space Reface Data Collection
How do I join SPARQ?
The application for Winter Quarter, 2018 is now available and will be open until January 12th, 2018 at 5 pm. Please click here to fill out an application. After receiving your application, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Thank you for your interest!