Main content start
Making Universities More Inclusive is Hard. These 13 Resources Make It Easier.
SPARQ's diversity and inclusion collection of toolkits is just one resource among many that aim to help higher education institutions and other organizations become more inclusive.
As the school year nears its start, many universities will take a look at new and ongoing programs to build more inclusive student bodies and staffs. They may be wondering: How do we do this?
There's more than one answer. A lot more. Beyond SPARQ's collection of toolkits targeting diversity and inclusion, dozens of resources from media outlets, universities, tech companies, and nonprofits offer help. Here are 13 that stand out:
- America Healing Racial Equity Resource Guide (W.K. Kellogg Foundation)
- The New York Times: 25 Mini-Films for Exploring Race, Bias and Identity With Students
- MTV: Look Different
- Facing History and Ourselves
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusive Excellence (Association of American Colleges & Universities)
- Diversity Toolkit: A Guide to Discussing Identity, Power and Privilege (University of Southern California)
- Racial Equity Tools
- Training for Change
- Diversity Toolkit (Duke University)
- 15 Hacks for Building Diversity in Tech (PDF from the Mindset Scholars Network)
- Google Diversity Insights
- Teaching Tolerance
- More Diversity Activities for Youth and Adults (Penn State Extension)
What resources are missing from this list? Email SPARQ at email@example.com with your suggestions.